Service is an important part of Scouting and Camp Delta is always available for Scouts to do service projects. For more information on service projects or suggestions for service projects at Camp Delta, please contact us on email@example.com
Some possible service projects include:
- Enclosing water tap – Creating a small brick wall around the water mains tap near the Cub Hut. This would be a good small project for t he Home Maintenance badge.
- Dead tree removal – There are several fallen trees around the campsite that need to be cut up and taken to the campfire circle for burning
- Tree/bush trimming – Some of these are encroaching into the campsites
- Ring road bollards – Planting additional wooden poles along the ring road
- Wooden poles – Creosote/treating the various wooden bollards, poles and fence uprights around the campsite
- Lower gate area – Paving the high-traffic area through the lower gate to prevent erosion
- Cub hall – Enlarging the veranda area in front of the Cub hall
- Storage containers – Clearing and sorting the contents of the storage containers
- Old tents in containers – These tents have been in the containers for several years, and need to be set up and checked for completeness
- Firewood area boma – Construction of a wooden “boma” around the firewood pile near the campfire circle
- Poles in storage area – Sorting of the poles in the storage area behind the bathrooms
- Upgrading the pole storage area – The pole store itself is not quite sufficient to protect poles against the weather
This list is not exhaustive and we’re always interested to hear if you have any other ideas.